Thursday 18 August 2011

Bourjois Volume Fast & Perfect Mascara

I bought my regular purchase of Heat magazine the other day and in there, there was an advert from Superdrug saying "All Bourjois mascaras only £5.99". I was like Yay! So the other day I popped down to my local one.

There was quite a few to choose from and their original prices ranged from £7.99 to £11.99. I decided to take full advantage of this offer and opted for the most expensive one - saving £6. I chose their Volume Fast & Perfect Mascara, which coincidentally I've had my eye one since seeing it on this youtube video by gemsmaquillage. But I never bought it before because I could not bring my self to pay more than £10 for a mascara. However for £5.99, I was like Yeah!


This is also a quite unique mascara as the wand rotates. It goes both clockwise and anti-clock wise to suit which eye you are using it on or what hand or side you are applying it from.

Its a tiny confusing at first but I guess after using it a few times, you'll know which way to go. I find it more effective when the brush is rotating towards my lashes because then it's gets right into the roots. But whatever works for you...

I tried it out a few times and thought it was alright.
Before
After

This result was achieved without the use of any fake lashes - just fully natural (unlike the adverts :P). Heres a side view:


I also didn't use eyelash curlers before applying mascara in these pictures, which is quite surprising seeing the result. But to get an even better result, and more of a curl; you should use some alongside. I like the fact that it gets right to the roots of your lashes and lifts them. However I find that it's not like a carbon black, it's not a black black - if you know what I mean. The wand brush is alright - a regular kind of bristly one. :P

I found that the formula isn't clumpy, however it is quite dry... But it does evenly distribute onto your lashes because of the rotating brush and makes it more effortless. Just let the brush glide through.

Overall, this mascara is okay. Not one of my favorites but it's not bad. I'd give it a 6/10. 

It's available in most beauty shops, pharmacy shops, supermarkets, also online sites like asos.com, etc. The usual price is around £10/£12 depending on where you buy it from, so look around. But right now till the end of August it's available from £5.99 in Superdrug and I think Boots.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment