Monday 3 October 2011

Toner... What is it?

Before I start; I just wanna say this is the first post I've done using the new layout, so please forgive me if it's not that good..

Okay, so this is just gunna be in laymans terms. I wont go into a lot of detail because you probably wont want to know all the ins and outs of it.

Most people have heard that in your skin care routine you should do the whole - cleanse, tone and moisturise thing. Yeah, most people cleanse (wash) their faces and moisturise. They're the most obvious. But what's toning?

Basically, there are 3 main reasons for toning:

1. To remove any remainders of make up and your cleanser - you know how some of them have those tiny bead things in - yeah those. It removes them..

2. To get your skin back to it's normal PH level. As your skin is slightly acidic; using certain products to wash your face disturbs the usual PH so using a toner will help it get back to normal quicker.

And 3. To close your pores back up. After cleansing, your pores are open - so most of the clogged dirt has come out. You should try to close your pores back up after so that no more flying dust/dirt particles go back into them. Using a toner will close them.

This information is for those of you who want it. I'm not saying that you really need to; because honestly, I don't tone much. But after writing this post, I think I'm gunna make it part of my routine and see if it makes a difference..

There's loads of toners out there; but I suggest getting one to match your skin type, one that will work well in conjunction to your other skin care products (like one from thee same brand/collection) and also not one that way too pricey - just cause toner is mainly water, there's not much point paying loads for 'souped up' water...

I hope you found this useful :)

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment