Thursday 6 September 2012

Review | Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer


Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer, 040 Soft Beige (£5.99)
Even though I think I've found my perfect concealer - which actually is not this one - I'm always on the look out for anything that does even better than my current favorite one. Although I have to say, this is a decent product.

This is quite a light, creamy consistency and blends in really easily to your skin. It claims to "reawaken and illuminate" under the eyes, which I think does this by its 'illuminating pigments' - ie, tiny, miniscule bits of glitter. However, they are barely visible and therefore do not need to worry about the "Edward Cullen Effect" on your face. The shimmery-ness of this is much less than the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation - review coming soon - even though thats not that bad either. But I would suggest using this product if you are going to be somewhere with flash photography otherwise you'd probably get a slight white cast where you've applied it.

It claims to be "full coverage" but I would say it's more light to medium. It can cover up minor skin blemishes but cant really disguise dark under eye circles - although you could probably use a corrector then put this over the top to blend into your skin more. This would be perfect for people who have almost perfect skin with the need to cover up minor blemishes, not much of a heavy cover up.

I'm quite shocked at the colour range of this product as it only comes in 4 shades - which to be honest have slight differences in tone, and it doesn't really cater to medium to darker skin tones. Considering Rimmel is a UK brand, it's not really representative of the population.

Overall, I'd say this is a decent product with a decent price. However, it's not something that i'd reach for regularly or purchase again. If you want to give it a go - it might work for you - it's widely available in places like Boots/Superdrug and probably at Rimmel stands in supermarkets. (Click here for a look at the product on their website.)

Hope you found this useful!

No comments:

Post a Comment